General description of the program:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL works in Idleb Governorate, both through direct implementation and through partners, providing food and non-food programs to highly vulnerable populations, and the provision of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) through support to water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in the North Aleppo Governorate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, providing food and non-food programs to highly vulnerable populations, as well as aid emergency to newly displaced households.
Purpose of the position:
Under the direct supervision of the SME Technical Officer, the SME Team Leader will be primarily responsible for the preparation and implementation of regular SME activities in target markets. This will include conducting baseline assessments, market assessment activities, pricing collection processes, gathering vendor applications, and providing technical support to vendors.
Missions, objectives and skills
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the team completes the activities assigned by the SME officers in the weekly plan.
- Ensure the daily management of the work and performance of the team; lead team meetings as needed; identify capacity building needs of team members, provide on-the-job training as needed, as well as support capacity building initiatives by developing presentations and/or providing training.
- Conduct regular activities for SMEs in target markets. Including basic valuation / market assessment activities / price collection process – supplier application and technical support assistant.
- Communication and engagement with traders involved in GOAL’s SME programs to ensure understanding and compliance with contract terms; take action in case of violation according to GOAL procedures.
- Collect/enter data for GOAL’s program information management system, ensure data is accurate and collected and uploaded on time.
- Participate in data collection for evaluation to inform the design of new programs and promote community participation in this process.
- Support the evaluation by organizing field visits and participating as a team member if necessary.
- Receive complaints and feedback from community members and ensure they are logged in the complaints and feedback system in accordance with relevant GOAL procedures.
- Any other task requested by the supervisor.
- Staff supervision and leadership
- Direct management of GOAL staff assigned to SME team members, including ensuring that all staff have clearly defined job descriptions and understand their responsibilities.
- Provide SME team staff with the necessary support, training and direction.
- Ensure appropriate HR planning, training and resource allocation, as required, for the successful implementation of program objectives.
- Female only.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, information management or any related field.
- Experience working in Syria in the Azaz/Afrin regions in which GOAL works.
- At least 2 years of work experience participating in voucher/cash or market-based programs.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in the areas of livelihoods/economic recovery/SMEs, social and economic empowerment or business development/entrepreneurship.
- Experience in data collection, data entry.
- Flexible to work long hours.
- Attention to detail and strong office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with people from all walks of life, excellent relationship building skills.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel).
- Excellent Arabic skills (written, spoken)
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the field (up to 80%), sometimes in difficult and insecure circumstances and to spend the night in program areas.
- Proven experience in data analysis and/or experience in conducting research.
- Good command of English (written, spoken).
How to register
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the “apply now” button and complete the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no more than four pages). Both must be in English. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The application deadline is September 07, 2022
Please note that GOAL does not charge any fees of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, nor does it request information on candidates’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If you are asked for a fee or payment during the application or at any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.
“يرجى ملاحظة أن منظمة جول GOAL لا تفرض أي رسوم من أي نوع أو أي التزام مالي آخر في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (الطلب ، المقابلة ، المعالجة ، التدريب ، التعريف) أو رسوم أخرى ، و لا تطالب بأي معلومات عن الحسابات المصرفية البنكيه للمتقدمين على الشواغر. لا تعمل جول GOAL مع المؤسسات الوسيطة والأفراد أو وكالات التوظيف أثناء عملية التوظيف. في حالة طلب أي رسوم أو مستحقات منك خلال عملة التقديم على الوظائف الشاغره أو في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف ، يرجى إلابلاغ عدم الاستجابه
Terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults should be protected to the greatest extent possible from deliberate or unintentional actions and failures that put them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and other harm. One of the ways GOAL demonstrates this ongoing commitment to protection is by including rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all applicants.
Responsibility within GOAL
Along with our safeguard policy, GOAL is an equal opportunity employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered employment with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of responsibility:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures on safeguards, code of conduct, health and safety, data protection and privacy, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoing in our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior by a GOAL staff member or partner.
This job description serves only as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to modify this document. Any published closing date is an estimate. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work, we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close advertisements as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We therefore advise interested candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible.